Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How I Met Him

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I met my husband. Most of you know that I met him a college, but that's not the whole story. He pretty much saved me from going down in a spiral that would have never lead me to here talking to all of you.

In high school I was in a pretty messed up relationship. I was ready to leave for college because that was the only way I saw getting away from him. Right when I got to college I pretty much started breaking rules. It was a pretty strict college and I started with the no dating first semester rule. I had fallen for a guy...I couldn't help it Honesty I think I was trying to fill something that a guy couldn't fill. When that didn't work out I went with a guy who told me God had told him we were to be together...well a week later I guess God had changed His mind!

Well that's when I got the phone call I never thought I would get. My ex from back home had called me. I was at a real low and it was the worst time to ever get the phone call that he had changed. He wanted to get back together and he was coming up to see me. There was no stopping him.

So there I am in the "fish bowl" at our school waiting for him to come see me. Then this guy came and sat across from me. Very serious looking. I knew who he was but I didn't really know him. He was one of the upperclassmen. Cute, funny and I was pretty good at imitating his walk. We would sit in girl's dorm and watch people walking around and try to imitate their walks. Every time someone wanted to see his walk I was the girl they called on.

He looked at me and said "Don't do it. Don't get back with him." I just stared at him in disbelief. I hadn't even told anyone that I was going to be seeing him. It was a chilling moment in my life because the only person who even knew I was thinking of getting back with this guy was God. After everything that had happened I thought maybe this is it. Maybe this is what my life is to be...maybe I can't do any better. But God knew better and he placed this wonderful my in front of me to tell me.

It wasn't until months later that we actually started hanging out. I always said he had me at "You can't be truly happy, because you can't have me!" Well look at now...the man who saved me. The man I couldn't have. Is my husband of 8 1/2 years. God knew that I could be truly happy. :)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful story! God's good, ain't He?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome story! Amazing how God works, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete