Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Camp!

Today is an exciting day for me. The Inquisitor is going to Bible camp for the first time. I was her age when I first went to camp and I went every summer till I went to college. It was a place of refuge for me. A place where I always felt so close to God. I made friends and every year I was so excited to see them again and make new friends at the same time. My last year going to camp was so sad for me. I knew that I wouldn't be coming back for a long time and I would miss it desperately. I always learned so much about God and my faith at camp.

So my prayer for her is that she will have a great experience. That she will learn so much about God. That she will draw closer to God and understand the importance of her relationship with Him. These are things we teach her at home...but being reminded of them at camp is a great thing. I hope she makes friends that she will talk about for years. That she will enjoy the outdoors and the games that they play. I hope she loves the crafts and stories that are told. Also I hope that her first counselor is one that encourages her in her faith.

I don't know who is more excited right now. At times I think it's me! I wish she was going to the camp I grew up at...but she has to wait till next year. Probably a good thing since the camp I went to is 8 hours away and the camp she is going to is only 3!

Well this excited mama is going to get somethings done and then take my excited little girl to camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment