Thursday, February 16, 2012

Don't Send Me HERE!

Lord give me it all or give me nothing at all. This was the topic of a recent conversation I had with my pastor. He was talking to me about a show he had seen and this guy was trekking into the back lands of Papua New Guinea. I was so interested in what he was talking about hearing about what this guy was doing and in the back of my head I could hear myself saying "Lord send me to some remote village in Papua New Guinea!" I told my pastor that I would LOVE to do something like that and he thought I was crazy. Honestly I don't think it's the first time he thought I was crazy I am sure in the many years he has known me there have been many times.


He talked on about how he loves the big cities. The business and the culture in a big city. As he was talking in the back of my head I could hear myself saying "Lord send me to the inner city of L.A.!" How strange is that? But I remember talking to him about it more saying either I want to be someplace where there is everything and there is so much going on or I want to be someplace where there is nothing. I can't stand the in-between. And yet here I am!


Some may find it funny that I consider my town of about 7,000 or more the in-between. But...I do! I never felt like God built me for this type of small town USA. Even when I was a little girl and I was growing up in a town of about 1,000 and spending most of my days in this town I still didn't feel like I felt in. My visions and my passion don't always seem to fit in here.

So who am I to say that God has not built me for this town? Isn't this where He has sent us for now? I feel God  pushing me and this place pushes back. God is continually stretching me and challenging me to do His work no matter where I am. No matter where He leads us. No matter what He asks us to do. It's not easy for me, but I keep on going and I keep on learning.

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength

No comments:

Post a Comment