Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Book Review: The Boy Who Changed the World


The Boy Who Changed the World
By Andy Andrews
This book is "The Butterfly Effect" written for Children. I thought it was a beautifully illustrated book that gives children the assurance that they can make a difference in the world. When it seems like that world is so big it seems as if anything we do won't really make a difference. This goes though stories of those who did a very small thing that turned into a big difference in the world. This book encourages kids to do their best in every thing they do...cause you never know it might change the world!
I do think the illustrations are just beautiful! I did however feel that while reading the book it felt a bit choppy. I am not sure if it's because I was just reading a book that had Chinese characters in it before I read this(whenever there are foreign characters in a book I always read in my head with an accent). If it's because I read it off the computer (It was and e-book). Or maybe it was just not written well. I am guessing it was one of the first two, but not really sure. I would still recommend this book to read to your kids. I don't think they will even notice the choppy feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment