Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy Holidays!

I actually don't mind this term. Happy Holidays, because really it just kind of wraps everyone all into one little saying. The thing I do have a problem with is people getting annoyed when others day "Merry Christmas!"

Merry Christmas just brings just joy into my heart. It gives me such a light feeling and happiness and thankfulness. This afternoon after picking up the girls from school and helping a friend and her kids get home I just kept saying this over and over again in my head.

I was at my mom's group today and I had such a wonderful time. It was such a blessing being able to have coffee, snacks and just talk with these wonderful women who God has brought into my life. Then everyone started talking about there worries about their family get togethers. Sigh...As I heard them talking I couldn't help but think about my own family. How some people don't get along with others and at times if we are all in the same place you can just feel the tension. This was the same thing everyone else was talking about too. That it always feels like there is an elephant in the room.


I had a talk with my daughter the other night. I was practicing a song called "Where's the Line for Jesus?" and she was asking me about it. I was teaching her the words and then she asked me..."How does Jesus feel about everyone being so focused on other things on His birthday?" I gave her the "How would it make you feel?" and she come to the conclusion that she wouldn't be very happy and it would make her feel like no one cared about her. She is a pretty smart girl! 

One of the happiest times of the year and we can barely get along with each other. We fight over who is right and what is the right way to do Christmas. We spend so much time trying to prove we are right and make a stance that we forget...it's really all about Jesus' birthday. A day that if it had never happened we would be lost without hope still trying to appease God on our own. But thankfully The Father sent His Son to take our place. I am taking a stand...and I am going to focus on Jesus' birthday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment