Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not My Best

Today was not my best day. You know those days when you are just sick and tired of everything and finally something just makes you snap. Yep...I had that day today. And I even hate that my frustration about something boiled over to someone who didn't really deserve it. I wish I could have found a better way to express myself. But it was one of those times when my emotions got the best of me. Really I am just sick of seeing people treat this lovely lady so poorly. There is so much more that goes into it but she deserves so much better.

I always remember the little children's saying..."Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." I use to say that over and over again in my head, but the honest truth is...sometimes words hurt more. The words you say to people you can never take back. You can apologize for your words, but they can hang there with that person for a very long time. Having felt the hurt of words has tried to make me more aware of what I say to others. But there are always those times when I forget. I wish other people would think about the words they say to others before they say it. Your words have power in other peoples life. And yes you can say that those words only have power if the person you say it to gives you that power. But really don't we all have that power or choose to take that power. And some people are just stronger than others and other people just wear their emotions right on top of their skin. Why can't we just be aware of the power we have and think before we say something or do something.

"GET OVER IT!" This is a saying I have heard a lot in my life. People like to say to me and they also like to say it to other people. You know I just wish the people who say that to me or anyone else would take their own advice. It doesn't just go one way...why can't they just get over it too? Why am I the only one who has to get over it. Yes you offended me with what you said and I took your advice I got over it. And so did other people. Well if I say something that offended you and that you didn't like, but hey it was my opinion and it's how I feel why can't they just get over it. 

I know in away I am being bold in writing this. But a lot of this is the truth. Why can't we just all get along? Why can't we agree to disagree? Why can't we just realize that instead of fighting each other we should be trying to get past our differences? Sigh...I just wish people could have more respect for others.

1 comment:

  1. I had that week too. Sigh, the sad truth is many people are not willing to accept that other people have their own perspective, opinions, or (gosh darn do I say it?...) BAD days, bad experiences or bad memories. It seems the moment we are honest outside the cookie cutter Norman Rockwell life 'we' become the black sheep, the one with 'issues' to get over. Why can't it be accepted to disagree? Accept that life isn't pleasant/roses?

    It's a shame it is a one way street of double standards. I blew up too about a situation, and promptly received confrontations about the fact that I was wrong, my reaction was not who I really was and how awful that was of me. I was argued down to being corrected about my own opinions, thoughts, experiences and that I had the incorrect analysis of my own life.

    Words do hurt, there is power of life and death in the tongue. People can't just 'get over it' but there is always forgiveness and healing in time. What a week of 'ultra controllers' towards other people. I'm so sorry you had a rough day. Your not alone

    ReplyDelete