Saturday, January 14, 2012

Religion...Why I am Tired!

Ok so I have to admit. I got sucked into the whole discussion about this video that has been going around. If you don't know what I am talking about I will post it at the end of this blog. The guy had some good points and I thought he presented it in a good way. Obviously people liked it and it started going around!

Well then it came up that people hated the video! And I got sucked into this whole debate that was going on. I was getting frustrated with people. Why can't they see that Religion isn't the answer? Why can't they pull the blinders back and see that Jesus is all that matters?

And why couldn't I pull back and not fight will fellow believers? I think maybe santan is getting something going here. The thing he loves best is for those who claim to be believers to be fighting one another. This is why we don't typically like denominations...because one of the main things they do is spread division among believers.

So I wonder if we can take a moment and forget about religion. Maybe we could just focus on the one who matters. Lets think about Jesus for a second. Maybe just one?

John 1:10-13
He was in the world, and thought the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who recieved him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

For me I chose not to be apart of religion. I don't claim to follow a religious practice. I even hesitate to tell people I am a Christian. I follow Jesus.

So I posted two videos. The one I said I would and then one by Francis Chan.

No comments:

Post a Comment