Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Hair Challenge!

So does anyone remember when I did this?

Oh I do! I remember the excitement I had for my dreads. How much I loved them! And then how much every product I got for them made me feel sick after I got pregnant. So my dreads came out!

Does anyone remember why I got dreads? Well besides the fact that I have wanted dreads since I was in high school! I faintly remember...I was reading the story of Samson and if you want to read all about it you can here! Also the verse in 1 Corinthians stuck out to me.

1 Corinthians 11:15
But if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

So how did I come to this?

Ok...so please forgive the BAD picture. I took it myself and had to crop  my mouth out because there was a strange shadow that looked...not natural! Well I took my dreads out and went a cut my hair...then I cut it more and more. Until last night my husband asked me why I kept cutting it. And he reminded me of my thoughts of women having long hair. All this time I haven't been keeping with my convictions. I thought about it and prayed about it...well this year I am not going to cut my hair. Not once. I wonder what will happen? I wonder what God will teach me through this?

No comments:

Post a Comment