Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Husband is Sick!

Someone save me! The husband is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D has worked many different schedules since we have been married. Twice he has worked nights and this is one of those times. I am getting use to it and at least I have him home at supper time and bedtime. But for some reason when he gets sick now it seems to be much worse. I don't know if it's because he doesn't sleep as well now or what. But all I know is that there is something about working the night shift that makes you unbearable when you are sick! Tonight I made him a special lunch to take to work...I hope it makes him feel a little better!

I have been going crazy locked up in the house for the last two days. We were literally snowed in the house. The girls had two snow days in a row and they were jumping off the walls today. I have been keeping the days full of fun activities and crafts...but there is still only so much time you can spend in a house with four little girls. Winter is hard for us. It takes me FOREVER to get all the girls ready. The Emotionalist is the hardest to get going for some reason. She is always so worried about everyone else and also she is always thinking about random things that get her distracted from getting her boots or coat on! Sometimes The Inquisitor isn't much better. The funniest thing is that The Diva is the biggest helper out of all of them. She will walk around with jackets saying the girls names until they take them from her. And oh on some days The Destroyer can be a handful! Most days she is great about getting ready and wants to go out...but sometimes if she doesn't want to do it...well she just doesn't want to do it.

So...today I went out with the girls to the wellness center in town. They played in the block area with some boys who were crazier than they were! Sometimes I really would love to have a boy...and then I get around a bunch of them and think, WOW! My girls are so calm! We also went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I know what you are thinking, I must be crazy to take four little girls to the grocery store. But get this...they LOVE to go! It's their favorite place to go! It's like a punishment if I don't let them go. So I don't mind taking them.

Well...thank you for stopping by today to read my random blog! :) Hope you have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. I think the same thing about having a little girl once in awhile and then I get around a group of them and thank God for my boys. :) We're getting out tomorrow and doing something...anything will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer. Hope Darrel gets better quickly. Glad you're able to get out of the house a bit to minimize the cabin fever!

    ReplyDelete