Saturday, January 8, 2011

NT Day 4...

Ok...so I didn't get back to you guys about day 1 of my reading. Along with that I also didn't get back to you on days 2 and 3. So here I am Day 4 finally getting to you guys about what I have been reading. If anyone you guys are friends of mine on Facebook then you know one thing that has been on my mind about my reading. I absolutely LOVE how Jesus talked. It's not that I can know for sure this is how He was because I wasn't there, but it sure comes across as this. He just tells it how it is. He was a no nonsense kind of guy who speaks the truth. There is no caring what other people are going to think...if it was truth He spoke it.

Sometimes while I am reading I see myself as on of the pharisees. At times I think I've got it all together and I polish up my outside to make myself look like it's all good. At times I make other peoples sins look greater than my own...as if "I would never do that!" But when I look at it really my sin is just as great as yours. I am still in need of forgiveness and grace. But it was the pharisees who Jesus spoke most harshly at. When they were expecting the Messiah to be on their side He actually came and told them they had it all wrong. So many times in life I have had it all wrong.

Not caring what other people think is a good thing...but also we have to remember that we are no better than anyone else. We have all sinned and we all need the same thing...Jesus. So when you are speaking to someone try to remember their sin is not greater than yours...speak truth to them and do it in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment