Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

I love this time right now. Almost Christmas Eve and I am up baking goodies and wrapping gifts. I am enjoying the lights on the window and the Christmas tree and watching random Christmas shows on TV.

I am using this time to think about how much I love my family and how wonderfully full my life feels. A wonderful husband, 4 beautiful girls and 1 little bun warming in the oven. I love the fact that tomorrow we will spend the day preparing for our Saviour's birthday. The girls will help me bake a cake...because what birthday is perfect without a cake? We will spend time talking about the trip that Mary and Joseph took in order for Jesus to be born in Bethlehem. Talking about how Mary must have felt so far from family about to give birth. Finally we will talk about the wonderful event that we celebrate on this date...Christ's birth! How wonderful that He came to this world to be one of us...and live like us...to know what we go through. Not just know like a god would know, but he really experienced it.

We will also make cookies and have our talk about St. Nicholas and talk about how we can honor a great man. How do we celebrate giving...do we know someone who needs something more than we do? It was such a blessing the other day when The Inquisitor said she wanted to go through her toys and give some of the them away. My children are a blessing to me!

I hope that you all enjoy this seasons. If you live near we do I hope that you are enjoying the wonderful snowfall that we are getting. I guess it's good and we don't have to be sad about not having a white Christmas. If you live near where my husband's family does...I hope you are staying dry and that the rain will stay away for Christmas. But no matter where you live I hope you realize the meaning of it all. Forgiveness was given to you at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment