Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Book Review: Never Let You Go




Book Review


Never Let You Go


By Erin Healy




Erin Healy has written some books with Ted Dekker. I have to admit I am not big on co-authored books so I have never read either Burn or Kiss. I do have to say that I am a huge Ted Dekker fan. I am not big on novels, but Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti have been known to get me hooked. There is something about a suspenseful novel that has to do with more than just flesh and blood. Every time I read one it really brings to light the fact that our enemies are not the people we see. It's not flesh and blood...it's something much deeper than that. We struggle with a supernatural power.

I was worried about getting this book because I don't read many novels. I was worried I wouldn't be able to stay interested in it and it would take me months and months to read. But really it only took me a few weeks, which for me is REALLY good! I was so intrigued by the story of Lexi and all the surprising elements of the story. A single mom who works late...at first it seemed like you typical story. But there were so many surprising things. An ex husband who came back. A drug dealer wanting his money the ex husband owed. And needing to testify for the man who killed her sister. A wonderful story of earthly struggles and what forces are driving those struggles. If you are a Dekker or Peretti fan you will love this book. If not I suggest you read it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment