Monday, August 2, 2010

Okoboji Bible Confrence

Okoboji! Don't feel bad if you are not sure how to say it. I am sure whatever you are thinking in your head...it's wrong. :) Really I only know how to say it because I grew up in the area. No it's not a Japanese name...it's Native American. I love the Bible confrence. It's a time for me to have a week of time to sit quietly, listen to speakers, having great conversations and my kids are happiliy taken care of by the wonderful nursery staff and children ministry! What a blessing to us mommies! Ok, so the conference is a blessing to more than just the mommies!

Last night I was able to enjoy Josh McDowell and it was wonderful! The girls picked my seat before I dropped them off at their class. I think tonight I will pick my own seat. They had me in the first row and I have a knot in my neck now from looking up. So tonight I will be picking my own seat.

McDowell had some great stuff to say and lots of information. If you ever have the chance to see him do it! He talked a lot about how important it is to build relationships. Without relationships how can we expect to bring people to Christ?

Today the small group I went to was about the samething! Do you think maybe God is trying to tell us something? Well this is all for now...I have two more post I want to do today! I feel a bit behind and want to share a lot with everyone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment