Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Week of Silence

So my blog has been pretty quiet for almost a week now. I have been so busy with coming and going that I haven't had much time to sit down and write. I did attempt to write out my notes from Josh McDowell, but the girls kept talking to me. When I get distracted in the middle of writing something its hard for me to get back to it. That is why I probably have 20 drafts that I have never published on here. My thoughts get interrupted and then when I come back to it I can't even remember my whole reason for writing it.

Okoboji has been great. They have Life Communities that meet every morning. It's like a small group meeting. I went to the group call Kingdom-Drive Discipleship. GREAT stuff. I felt challenged in so many different ways. God really spoke to me through the leader, through the booklet and through the people I would go over the discussion questions with. One thing that really stood out to me, "Many overestimate the lasting impact of events and underestimate the power of relationships. As a result, contemporary Christianity is often a mile wide and an inch deep."

I met a wonderful woman of God the 2nd day. She is a missionary in SE Asia and is going to be doing the perspectives course in Okoboji January through April. Well anyway...I am excited because meeting her has brought a wonderful opportunity to me. I may be able to lead the perspectives for children course during this time! I am excited because this could bring so many great opportunities for me and my family. Please be praying as I meet with her on Tuesday to go over things.

No comments:

Post a Comment