Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Book Review: The Final Summit


The Final Summit

By Andy Andrews


Book Description

David Ponder is back. This time the fate of mankind is in his hands.

This is mankind’s last chance. Centuries of greed, pride, and hate have sent humanity hurtling toward disaster, and far from its original purpose. There is only one solution that can reset the compass and right the ship, and it consists of only two words.

With time running out, it is up to David Ponder and a cast of history’s best and brightest minds to uncover this solution before it is too late. The catch? They are allowed only five tries to discover the answer.

Readers first encountered David Ponder in The Traveler's Gift. Now, in The Final Summit, Andrews combines a riveting narrative with astounding history in order to show us the one thing we must do when we don’t know what to do.

My Review

Thomas Nelson has given me this book for free for my review. This book is a sequel to The Travelers Gift. But it is also a stand alone book. The first few chapters do a good job of getting you up to speed on what the first book was about. It really took me a long time to really get into this book. It wasn't my favorite. I had a hard time figuring out if it was a novel or a self help book. I eventually made it through the book and come to a conclusion that I wouldn't recommend this book. The world is about to come to an end and David Ponder heads up a group of great historical figures. Their job is to figure out what is wrong with the world and fix it. Their conclusion is that man must do something. I understand this point of view a little bit. If we just sit around doing nothing then nothing will get done. If we never tell people about God then how will people hear? But at the same time I really disliked how it came out in the book. It was almost a sense of we have to save ourselves when really God is the only one who can save us. It just seemed like God was really put on the back burner in this one. I don't read a lot of fiction and I feel like this would not have been one that I would have finished if I hadn't have gotten it for my blog to review. I have read other books by Andrews and enjoyed them a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment