Friday, June 10, 2011

Day Goes From crazy crazy to CRAZY CRAZY!

So my day got very interesting. It started off pretty nice with my husband taking care of the girls. He helped me get them dressed and we were going to be off to the Art Center for a nice day of being creative. It's pretty wet outside so I appreciate that we have a few things indoors that are free for the kids to do.

So what could go wrong on a great day like this? Well it all started right before we left. I was getting myself ready and finishing my hair brushing my teeth. You know all that great stuff. So I went to put the tooth paste back and what happens? The mirror falls off the medicine cabinet and breaks. Really??? Only this could happen to me!

Then we get to the Art Center. And I love it because no one else is there. I normally don't mind if others are there...but today I just was not in the mood to deal with others. Well this lovely couple came in with two little girls. The Inquisitor just wanted to play with the girls. But I could tell the parents weren't all that excited about it. Which got me a little frustrated. They went on the other side of the room to play with their girls and started "whispering" to each other quite loudly. "Are those all hers?" "If they are she needs to stop having kids!" Really??? I wonder why people care so much...

So that got me in a bad mood and I quickly rounded up the girls and we left. Hopeful to find some kinder people. I needed to stop at Walmart to pick up a few things...BIG mistake. I have to tell you...my girls did amazing! Most people would not want to go with 5 kids to Walmart, but sometimes you don't have a choice. The kids can make it better or worse and my girls made it a bit better this time because they were so good! But it was so crowded. Normally a crowd would not bother me. I love crowds of people...take me to a concert and I am in the crowd crammed in. Send me to a country in Asia and I love to get on the buses! But today Walmart bothered me. I can't count the number of times people almost ran into my cart or my girls. So we were in and out pretty fast.

Then when we got home it was like everything was bothering me. I think my nerves were just on edge and nothing was ok with me anymore. The girls are dealing with their emotional mom pretty well. I have been getting lots of hugs and kisses today and The Inquisitor has been very helpful with getting everyone to do quiet play. Not something that happens around here very often. So on the verge of tears since early this morning...I think I am feeling better. I have a wonderful homemade pasta dish in the oven and the smell of it is making me feel cozy. Also having a cup of coffee! :)

I know to some of you it may seem silly of me to write my weird day down. To others it may not seem like a big deal. But really this is helping me process my thoughts on how I am feeling. Also it's helping me look back and realize that it really wasn't a horrible day.

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."

No comments:

Post a Comment